Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: We are fully operational and remote, we are available over the phone 8am-5pm Monday-Friday, available over email and able to provide services to our existing and future clients. More FAQs »

Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM
English or Spanish


Who Is Responsible If I Am Injured by a Defective Device in Miami?

If you want to sue to recover damages caused by a defective device, first identify who the liable people and companies are, i.e. anyone on the way of the product from the manufacturer to the patient, as well as consultants, quality control engineers etc. An attorney can assist with establishing liability.

If you have been hurt by a defective product in Miami and you want to sue to recover damages caused by your injuries, one of the first things you should do is to identify who are the people and companies that might be liable and mention them in your claim as defendants.

Unfortunately, depending on the device, identifying the parties that could be responsible for your damage might be complicated. It is important that you take enough time to find all the potential defendants. This way your chances of fully recovering from your injuries will increase significantly. In principle, cases of defective products extend to all the parties involved in their distribution (the route of the product from the manufacturer to the patient).

The chain of distribution usually consists of the manufacturer, the retailer, and any kind of suppliers or distributors. Depending on the situation, the chain might also include consultants, quality control engineers, or any other person that came in contact with the injury-causing product.

It is also recommended that you contact a specialized attorney to help you identify the possible responsible persons for your suffering and to counsel you throughout this process. The Miami based Law Offices of Sean M. Cleary has a vast experience of product liability cases.

For questions and free legal advice to help individuals please call us

Disclaimer: Please note that the information provided on this site is not formal legal advice, also the site does not allow you to form an attorney-client relationship.