Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: We are fully operational and remote, we are available over the phone 8am-5pm Monday-Friday, available over email and able to provide services to our existing and future clients. More FAQs »

Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM
English or Spanish


What Kind of Lawyer Do I Need in the Case of a House Fire?

A personal injury attorney can help you deal with the person or company responsible. The manufacturing company, insurance company or any defendant will already have a lawyer to minimize liability and damages, and you need an experienced attorney to collect and present evidence for your side.


In the case of a house fire, you need to hire a personal injury attorney. One of the reasons for doing this is that the person or company responsible for the fire (landlord or a company that manufactured the faulty products that caused the fire) will probably already have an attorney. If you do not have a personal injury attorney, you will not have someone to represent you.

Sean M. Cleary has recovered millions of dollars for residential fire victims in cases involving upholstered furniture, faulty wiring, gas explosions, smoke detectors, and flammable liquids. In every case, he looks at the facts and investigates. He looks at what caused the fire, at insurance, corporate and real estate documents, and at any other evidence, to find out who can be sued by the victim or their family.

Here are some types of fire damage claims handled by The Law Offices of Sean M. Cleary:

  • House fire caused by defective maintenance or products
  • Damages caused by wildfires
  • Explosions
  • Personal injuries claim from house fires
  • Denying or delaying claims
  • Fires caused by defective or missing smoke alarms
  • Lowball estimates from the insurance company of the cost of replacing or rebuilding a fire-damaged property

If a structure fire has altered your life, it is in your best interest to speak with an attorney about your claim. The Law Offices of Sean M. Cleary has represented many families who have lost loved ones in building fires, as well as people who have sustained fire injuries. If you or someone close to you got injured in a house fire in Miami call us at 305.416.9805 for a free initial consultation.

For questions and free legal advice to help individuals please call us

Disclaimer: Please note that the information provided on this site is not formal legal advice, also the site does not allow you to form an attorney-client relationship.