Chrysler Recalled Models
3.3 million vehicles are targeted, this move expanding on previously announced plans to change the inflator in roughly 370,000 cars in Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. The recall covers some Dodge Ram models made between 2003 and 2008, as well as certain Dodge Durango, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Charger, Dodge Dakota, and Chrysler Aspen models, as follows:
- 2003 - 2008 Dodge, the Ram 1500
- 2005 - 2008 Dodge, the Ram 2500
- 2003 - 2008 Dodge, the Charger
- 2003 - 2008 Dodge, the Magnum
- 2005 - 2008 Dodge, the Durango
- 2005 - 2008 Dodge, the Dakota
- 2005 - 2008 Chrysler 300
- 2006 - 2008 Dodge Ram 3500
- 2006 - 2008 Dodge Ram 4500
- 2007 - 2008 Chrysler Aspen
- 2008 - Dodge Ram 5500
Affected customers will be notified and advised when they may plan service, which will be provided free of charge. Replacement parts will be first allocated to areas marked by persistent, high absolute humidity.
Preventing Defective Airbag Injuries
Although you cannot prevent an airbag defect, there are a few things you can do to reduce the chances of being hurt. Make sure you:
- Allow 10-12 inches between your chest and the airbag enclosure.
- Keep your steering wheel tilted down in a level or parallel position at all times if your steering wheel is adjustable.
- Wear your lap and safety belts.
- Do not position your thumbs inside of the wheel, but on the top or outside rim.
- Pay attention to the airbag light on your car's instrument panel and visit a repair shop as soon as possible if it flashes after you start the car or does not work at all.
Do not forget about your kids' safety! Children under 12 should always ride buckled up in a properly installed and age-appropriate car seat in the back seat. Also, infants under 1-year-old and with a weight of fewer than 20 pounds must never ride in the front seat of a car that has a passenger-side airbag.
How Can The Law Offices of Sean M. Cleary Help?
If you are involved in a car accident, you should contact The Law Offices of Sean M. Cleary as soon as possible. If the car's airbag was defective and has caused you serious injuries, you may be able to build a strong automotive products liability case. Because these cases are often very complex, you need the help of an experienced lawyer who can advise you of your rights and the available options.